Bobcat 40" Flail Mower 40FM Fits 7238337 (E42, E45, E50, E55 E60) X-Change Mounting Cap
7238337 X-Change Mounting Cap (E32, E35, E42, E45, E50, E55, E63)
7245468 Flail Mower hoses (All Std Arm excavators) (E32 LA and E35 LA) and (E32, E35, E42 and E45 ext arm)(All R2 E42/50/E60 arm configurations)
(Approved only for excavator models equipped with an enclosed cab) (Approved on Long and Extendable
Arm – must have extendable arm retracted during flail mower use.)
(Must also order case drain kit)
Attack your most difficult brush and sapling clearing projects with the Bobcat® flail mower. Easily shred vegetation on virtually any terrain, including hillsides, roadways, ditches, trails, riverbanks, and utility right-of-ways, and other hard-to-reach places with the long reach of the excavator. Using powerful triple knife flails, you can mulch small branches, saplings, thick grass and other vegetation up to 4 in. in diameter. Side safety chains help contain debris within the housing that could be thrown during operation. The rotor brake stops the attachment in 7 seconds or less after hydraulics are deactivated. A rubber torsion disc absorbs impact loads that are encountered during operation. To protect the drive train, the flail mower features heavy-duty flanges on both sides of the rotor to protect the drive train from dust and debris. This also prevents wire from damaging the drive train mechanism.
• Clear brush and saplings on ditches, right-of-ways, hillsides, roadways and other areas
• Control overgrowth on trails, culvert areas, ditches, and cattails on lake shores
• Prepare land and other properties on new construction sites
HOW IT WORKS
Rotating flail knives cut through material while the operator controls the cutting height by adjusting the arm of the excavator. Free-swinging knives rotate around the axis, catching the cut material in a cylindrical hood. The operator can reverse the direction of the knives by switching the hydraulic hoses at the drive motor.
• Rubber Torsion Disc: Absorbs shock forces encountered during operation.
• Drive Train Protection: Features heavy duty flanges on both sides of the rotor to protect the drive train from dust and debris. This also prevents wire from damaging the drive train mechanism.
• Triple Knife Flails: Helps you efficiently rip through hard and soft woods, vines, grass and brush.
• Reversible Flails: Provide bidirectional flail knife rotation by switching the hydraulic hoses at the drive motor, increasing overall flail life.
• Rotor Brake: Stops from full speed in 7 seconds or less when the flail mower hydraulics are deactivated.
• Side Safety Chains: Contains debris within the housing that could be thrown during operation.
• Direct Drive: Provides optimum balance between torque and RPM.
• Meets SAE Standards: Complies with SAE J1001 standards for flail mowers.
• Bobcat X-Change™ Attachment Mounting System: Allows you to change attachments quickly with Bobcat's exclusive system. Attachment changes should be easy. Watch the Bobcat X-Change™ Advantages Video to see the industry’s fastest, most efficient attachment X-Change system in action